In this section the different settings that controls the default behavior of ResInsight is described. These settings can be controlled using the Preference dialog available from the Edit -> Preferences menu.
The preferences are not stored in the project files, but rather in a platform specific way for each user.
General - tab
This group of options controls visual settings that will be used when creating new views.
- Viewer Background
- Gridlines – Controls whether to show the grid lines by default.
- Mesh Color
- Mesh Color Along Faults
- Well Label Color
- Font Size – This font size is used for all labels shown in the 3D Views.
- Default Z Scale Factor – Default depth scale for grid models.
- Enable Legend Background – Apply a semi-transparent background to the legends in the 3D Views.
- Navigation mode – Defines how to use the mouse to interact with with the 3D model.
- Use shaders – This option controls the use of OpenGL shaders. Should be left On. Available only for testing purposes.
- Show 3D Information – Displays graphical resource usage as text in the 3D view.
- SSIHUB Address – Optional URL to Statoil internal web service used to import well paths.
- Show LAS Curve Without TVD Warning - Turn off the warning displayed when showing LAS curves in TVD mode.
Eclipse - tab
Behavior When Loading Data
- Compute DEPTH Related Properties – If not present, compute DEPTH, DX, DY, DZ, TOP, BOTTOM when loading new cases.
- Load and Show SOIL – Control if SOIL is loaded and applied to grid.
- Import Faults/NNCs/Advanced MSW Data – Disable import of data for a case to reduce case import time.
- Fault Include File Absolute Path Prefix – Prefix used on Windows if fault files use absolute UNIX paths.
- Use Result Index File – If enabled ResInsight will try to save a result index file when opening a new case. The file is stored in the same directory as the
*.EGRIDfile with filename
<casename>.RESINSIGHT_IDXIf it exists, ResInsight will use this when loading the case, resulting in a significant speedup.
- Skip Import of Simulation Well Data – Disable import of simulation well data for a case to reduce case import time (opposite toggling than the other import commands).
Octave - tab
- Octave executable location – Defines the binary file location for Octave. Usually without path on Linux, and including path on Windows.
- Show text header when executing scripts – Enables the default output that octave outputs when started.
- Shared Script Folder(s) – Defines the search paths for octave scripts
- Script Editor – The text editor to invoke when editing scripts